SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
The Enchanters Collection - Allie Burke

*I received this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review*

This book is the start of a trilogy about elemental casters called Enchanters. Jane Brooks is a special Enchanter, quite unlike the others, Elias Linden's family history is a mystery to him, yet destiny draws the two together at an unexpected time.

The story keeps a steady pace for the most part, building up to up some fated battle. While I liked the story, the sentences are a little stiff in some places. Despite that, the reader is still able to follow the flow of the story easily.

I, honestly, only found a single error in this book, a minor one. Kudos to the editor!

The story itself is good. I found it easy to keep up with just about everything, though the whole Jane/Christian thing boggles my mind a bit. I'm hoping that's gone into more in the next book to clear up the cloud of confusion that surrounds that.

I look forward to reading Emerald Destiny which is book 2 in this series.

I give this book 4 of 5 paws

Emerald Destiny picks up roughly fifteen years after the epilogue of Violet Midnight.  In essence, it’s not really mandatory for the reader to read Violet Midnight before reading this one. Since the story takes such a wide leap, the reader won’t get lost by reading this alone, though to understand the small things hinted and mentioned from book 1 it probably would be better understood if the first book was read.

Like Violet Midnight, Emerald Destiny is fast-paced; and if I’m not mistaken, a bit shorter in length than Violet Destiny.  Either way, it’s no less enjoyable.

I did find a few places where the editor could have given a little more help in how to word certain sentences, nothing major and nothing spelling wise. Just a couple of spots where I had to re-read to understand what the author was trying to make me see.

Emerald Destiny will definitely bring out the emotion factor, which in my book makes it a bit better than Violet Midnight, since by this book the reader is familiar with the key characters and things are seen in whole new lights.

I look forward to reading Amber Passion, the final book in this trilogy.  This trilogy has ignited my love to read, which as many avid readers know tends to fade if you hit a book that isn’t that good. Thankfully this trilogy is amazing.

I give this book 5 of 5 paws

***I was gifted this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review***

Amber Passion picks up where Emerald Destiny leaves off. Abby and Evan spent most of this book a bit far from their home of Jasmyn Lake. Daniel finds what his heart has looked for his entire life, and The tale of the Enchanters comes to an end in more ways than one.

This book had so many things in it that made me smile. It focused more on Abby and Daniel and on their link to each other, which brings for some funny and awkward moments. There's also some sorrow for a number of things. The story comes nicely to a close, and the reader will finally learn why the Brooks women all left the Reed men... that is until Abby and Evan.

There were enough minor errors in this work that I feel the author should have this one looked over. I'm not sure if she had a different editor doing this one than the other two, but there's more errors in this one than the first two.

As to the the bonus short "Ever", it really should have been attached to the end of Violet Midnight, since it fills in the blanks a bit of the two days when Elias and Christian watched over Jane while she recovered.

This series has claimed a piece of my heart as all those favored stories that will eventually get read again.

I give this book 5 of 5 paws

The trilogy as a whole is an amazing read that any lover of true love and magick will appreciate. I recommend this trilogy to anyone really, I'm sure even those who aren't fond of magick will find some reason to fall in love with this trilogy.

I give The Enchanters Collection 5 of 5 paws