SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Mythos (The Descendants, #1) - Vrinda Pendred

*I received this book from the author via Lovers of Paranormal in exchange for an honest review*

This is definitely one of the more unique of the common themed science fiction books. A group of teenagers find out that they are descendants of an alien race. They found out that they have special powers. These teenagers are the first generation with the powers. Each Descendant's power is different, no two are even remotely similar.
The author is obviously British and written as such. So American readers may get a little twitchy thinking certain words are spelled wrong when they are not. I did find a handful of actual errors, a missing word here and there, sprinkled through out the story, usually when in high "stress" scene. None of these minor errors wil impede the reader. One thing the story could have used were scene breakers. There are none in this book and when it jumps scenes during a book the reader may get a little disoriented until they realize it's a different scene.
I really like how Vrinda wrote the dialogue for the characters. The English characters do say "yeah?" a lot but from what I know people in England really do say that the end of a lot of their sentences. Even Aidan's Irish lilt was unmistakeable. There was no way to picture the character's voices as anything but what they were. I also enjoyed the time Vrinda took in detailing each of the main characters, hell even the minor characters like Myra and Stephen the reader gets a feel for so when comparisons are made between the Loveguard children and their father, the reader understands it. They were brought to life wonderfully.
All in all I really enjoyed this book even though it took me a lot longer than normal to read it for some reason, and look forward to reading Second Coming which is book 2 of this series.
I give this book 4 of 5 paws