SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Full Circle - Chuck Alderman

* I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an Honest Review*

This story is interesting albeit a bit confusing. It took me a while to figure out the story is told by two different guys; Lou... and "Fence". Admittedly that was probably my own fault since there are PoV breaks to signal who's talking for each mini chapter.
I really liked this story, then again I am a big fan of the whole mob thing. I love stories about hitmen and whatnot. I think it's because I'm a New Yorker >.>
Anyway, I found no errors in the work, and aside from my mild confusion as to there being two main characters, the story flows rather nicely.
I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone who isn't a die hard mob story fan though, they more than likely would be lost and confused.
The whole story starts with Lou.. a chicago man turned hitman/con artist all due to a strange visit to a gypsy and two "succubi".
The ending of the story definitely made me chuckle and I'm sure there will be smiles from other readers on how well suited the title is to the story.
All in all aside from a the mild confusion in the beginning, I really enjoyed the book and it's strangeness. I'm still unsure of Delovely and Pandora but that just adds an added mystery to the overall story.
I give this book 4 of 5 paws