SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
The Keepers (The Keepers Trilogy, #1) - J.L. Block

where to begin..
The story itself is very good. I very much enjoyed the unique storyline and characters.
I did find the main char to unfitting of her roll for all but the last 5% of the book. Ava comes off as a whiny girl that’s too afraid of her own shadow to do anything. I completely understood the animosity some of the other Keepers had against her. There’s more than occasion where this character watched her companions in overwhelming fights and ran to hide instead of fight. It was disheartening when it’s a main character.
I loved how the other keepers carried themselves especially Andre.
I found a large number of errors including missing words in sentences and wrong tense words in sentences and one inconsistency involving Ava’s gem. They slightly impeded my reading because I had to make sure I was seeing correctly, I cannot speak on how they will affect other readers.
The book leaves off open, I don’t know if there is another one yet, but I’d read it.
This book has a ton of potential and a very good storyline.. However, with the amount of errors I found I can not give it the 4 I would love to give it.
I give this book 3 of 5 paw