SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Dying to Live - C.M. Wright ***I warn you I am not a big fan of zombie themed books***

This book starts out much the same as all things zombie do. An unknown virus gets loose into whatever from where and bam zombies. There has to be another way to create a zombie because this is just a repetitive theme.

Anyway, The difference between this book and other zombie things I've seen and read is that our main character is talking to us as things are going on. Step by step. I couldn't help but picture a camera man trying in vain to keep up with this woman while she grabbed her mighty pink hammer.

This aspect made the story enjoyable for me. It may be an over done theme but CM Wright had the magic touch to make this amusing.

Because this story is not only writting in the 1st person, but also in the current time frame, you can feel Canada's emotions a lot stronger than you would have if the story were told in the more common 3rd person past tense.

I must admit this story made my heart race more than once.

I have to admit, the story needs Canada. Without her quirky little remarks and humorous outlook at the things going on around her, this story would almost be chilling to read.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

I give this book 5 of 5 paws