SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1) - Khelsey Jackson *I received this book from the Author in exchange for an Honest Review*

Let me begin by saying, that's it about time someone reintroduced some of the other lore about vampires. People have heard about the overplayed lore about sunlight and infertility.
But in those being so played out, the older lore was all but forgotten. Most people forget Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) the "father" of vampire lore was a father himself. The oldest of vampire myths tell of pure blood vampires, ones born to vampiric parents.
Khelsey used this lore for her serial "Darkwood Manor", and the first known blood born vampire, Victoria, is born after decades of "vampires can't have kids".
I must say I like this book, I love the whole premise of the series really. It's a refreshing change after all the played out vampire lore.
Being the series is a serial, they're quite short and without a doubt leave the reader wanting more which is a pain all unto itself since serials normally only come out monthly. Whatever shall I do once I finish Love Bite?!
I spotted a couple of small errors here and there but they weren't major and won't hang up the reader's flow at all.
This is the first book of Khelsey's I've gotten the opportunity to read, though I'd heard of her since before Kallos released. I do have to admit her work is very good for the genre. It's got that "new" twist feel and honestly regardless if the reader prefers sparkly vampires or "real" vampires, this series is a sure pleaser to any fan of the race.
I give this book 5 of 5 paws