SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
There Comes a Prophet - David Litwack *I received this book from the Author in exchange for an Honest Review*

In this Dystopian we meet three unlikely heroes, Nathaniel, Orah, and Thomas. All from the town of Little Pond. The Temple of Light controls everything, what they wear, how long their hair can be, even how their beards are. Things like free will are a myth and considered evil, as the Temple had dubbed our era "The Darkness". Our three unlikely heroes set out on a journey, a quest given to them in desperation, to find the Keep.
This story is beautifully written. The characters are unique and vibrant, the descriptions are detailed in a way that the reader will see the everything vividly. The story will bring out an array of emotion in the reader from fear, to sorrow, to happiness, and even some anger.
I only found I think three errors in the entire book, minor ones that won't affect the flow of the story.
I particularly liked the rhyme. The way the quest is set up is very smart. I'm almost sure if Orah hadn't been there, Nathaniel would have been in woods somewhere or caught by the temple. From the clues to the directions to their destination, everything is a riddle that will have the reader wracking their brain trying to figure it out. I think my favorite part was the end. I like how the end was written. It's so vastly different from other Dytopian books in how it ends that it truly did impress me. I almost wish it hadn't ended. I'm sad to leave their world.
I could go on and on about this book, but I don't want to give away any spoilers. I can say that David Litwack has made a fan of me and I can't wait to read his next book "Along the Watchtower" to see what story he wove.
I give this book 5 of 5 paws