SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Lost & Found: A Gay Romance Novel (Surf Bay Book 1) - Ashley John

***I was given this book by the Author, Ashley John, in exchange for an honest review***

Lost & Found follows Charlie and Oliver. Charlie is a boy fresh out of high school that's done nothing but be dragged around the United States by his mother who seems to mess everything up. Oliver is a boy a little older than Charlie that is a notorious player.

This has to be one of the sweetest love story I've ever read in my life. The way Charlie comes to terms with who he is, is simply beautiful and very much realistic. Oliver is a bit annoying in the beginning as he seems to want nothing more than to just get in Charlie's pants, but the reader, as well as Charlie, start to see another side of Oliver, one that scares Oliver, himself, since he's never acted this way toward anyone else.

The storyline is phenomenal, it flows smoothly with no hiccups. There are what appears to be a scattering of errors here and there but I'm leaving that on the "translation" from British dialect into the messier American dialect.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Charlie and Oliver come into themselves, I fell in love with the story and the characters. The book is a roller-coaster of emotion that will keep the reader turning the pages.

I would recommend this book to any lover of true romance, even if you don't like LGBT reads, this one is worth the read.

I look forward to reading Full Circle, book 2 in the Surf Bay series.

I give this book 5 of 5 paws