SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Seduced: Rose's Story - Karpov Kinrade

SEDUCED BY INNOCENCE
Seduced by innocence is pretty much a paranormal Romeo & Juliet. Rose's family, a coven of witches, is at war with Derek's, a family of shape-shifting druids. Just like Romeo & Juliet, Rose and Derek's love sprouted from their only hate.

I'm not sure if the copy of this I was given is an edited ARC since the book is already released. If it isn't, I'd suggest the author have their current editor go over the work, there's an entire chapter with small errors that while most may miss... I did not.

This book is amazing. The characters are very developed, and the storyline, thus far, has no holes that I was able to find. The story, being told from Rose and Derek's, and occasionally Blake's, point of views, leaves the reader as much in the dark about events as it does the character who's telling the part. There's a lot of emotion of all kinds almost charging the pages of this book, and the way it's told will leave the reader a bit disoriented when it finishes, since their senses will return to the now as they leave the story behind.

This book is NOT for those who dislike cliffhanger endings, this book ends with a cliffhanger that leads the reader into book 2, Seduced by Pain. I am anxious to read book 2.

SEDUCED BY PAIN
Seduced by Pain picks up where Seduced by Innocence leaves off. Blake plays a bigger role in this book, though things have definitely changed. Book two delves deeper into Rose's "dark" gift as she seeks a way to control it. There's a lot more adult scenes in this one that are strategically placed so the story flows. This book is also a bit funny then book 1. Ocean proves herself to be quite the comedienne.

All in all, the storyline once again leaves readers with a mild cliffhanger. There's not so much a cliff as a sunny ledge to sprawl out on while waiting to read Seduced by Power, book 3 in the saga. The ending leaves the reader knowing there's book 3 without the growl factor that book 1's cliffhanger left us in.

SEDUCED BY POWER
Seduced by Power picks up where Seduced by Pain leaves off. The joy and laughter from book 2 are definitely lacking in book 3. The story has taken a dark turn and other emotions are invoked big time as we draw to the climax of this part of Rose's story. The strength and power of Derek and Rose's love is prevalent in this book, and we learn so much more about Blake as this part of the story comes to a close.

This one absolutely will make the reader reach for a tissue more than once. There's a few twists that come out of nowhere, some are a bit predictable, others not so much. While there is a nice ending, there's still that nice sunny ledge for the reader to sun themself on while waiting to read the next book >~.^<

I can't wait to jump into book 4, Seduced by Lies to see what happens next!