SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
The Neverending Story - Roswitha Quadflieg, Michael Ende, Ralph Manheim

I first read this book when I was 10 or 11. Over twenty years later, it's still one of my favorites. This story has so much depth that each time it's read, it may as well be a different story altogether. Like Mr. Correander points out to Bastian, "The Neverending Story is different for each person", this holds true. This has to be the sixth or seventh time in my life that I've read this and still it was like a brand-new adventure. I smiled as I read chapters that remembered, and was in awe of ones I didn't. To this day, a piece of my heart belongs to Atreyu who has to be the bravest boy I've ever "met".

This story carries a lot of emotion in it, and more than one cloaked lesson between its pages. It's definite must read by parents to their children. Not only will it teach children valuable life lessons, it will help parents to better see the world through their children's eyes and hearts. Perhaps it will remind parents of their own adventures in Fantastica, after all, we adults tend to forget the many times we've been there and have given the Childlike Empress her name >~.^<

I hope the magic of The Neverending Story remains in my heart until "Men are myth and books are written by rabbits" (Quote is from The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle, another book I believe is a gateway to Fantastica)