SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Grip of Mortality - C.L. Foster

Grip of Mortality follows the Cortez sisters and their mama Clara. It's your classic good versus psycho evil. Blood against blood and all that over the rule of a kingdom.

This has to be one of the strangest shifter books I have ever read in my life. Strange in a good way. There's so much mixed shifter lore from different regions woven so beautifully together the can easily forget that it's just lore.

I really like how the characters developed with the story. Each daughter is as different and unique as their individual abilities are. There's is honest to goodness underlinings of the strength of family that's united in love and faith for each other, and it's rather refreshing after reading a lot of other paranormal/supernatural set books.

The only issue I had with it was the double spaced paragraphs, but that's just a me thing. It definitely shouldn't deter anyone from reading the story. On the plus side, I didn't find any errors so kudos to the editor!

I would allow anyone with the ability to read and comprehend read this book. It's mild enough for people as young thirteen.

I look forward to reading Tone of Betrayal, book two in this series, as well as C.L.'s other works and any other others she releases in the future.

I give this book 5 of 5 paws