SCuAnamPolicar

Cu's Reviews

100% Honest Reviews
Of Poseidon - Anna Banks

Of Poseidon tells the story of the Syrena (Merfolk). It tells of the race being divided into two families, those born of Poseidon's bloodline and those born of his brother Triton's bloodline. The story follows Emma McIntosh and Galen Forza. Galen, a Syrena, is told by a human friend that Emma be just what the Syrena need to survive.

The story kind of has a slow start. I took a good five chapters for me to really get into it. It's not that it was uninteresting, it just seems too human at the start. Once I did get into it though, I couldn't put it down. This book is amazingly detailed with tidbits of Atlantis lore that link the humans and Syrena together. I absolutely got lost in the world Anna Banks created for these characters, while in a modern day setting, it still flows beautifully with the lore both created and recorded.

I look forward to reading Of Triton and Of Neptune the second and third books in The Syrena Legacy, as well as anything else Ms. Banks opts to publish in the future.

The bonus short story, Legacy Lost, fills in a lot of blanks concerning Grom and Nalia. I think it could have been stretched out just a bit more to fill in the rest but I'm sure Of Triton will cover what's missing. I enjoyed the short even though it's sad beyond words.

I give this book 5 of 5 well earned stars.